I am not a deep thinker. But just wanted to title my blog Deep Thoughts. I am an open book here goes some of the pages...

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Taare Zameen Par

I wanted to see some movie this weekend. All the shows were showing blue online for the weekend. Thursday evening I checked again for some update. Luckily got hold of good seats for the 10am show :) Taare Zameen Par!! After watching Jab We Met until 2am the previous night, TZP was refreshing. I cried after a long time and felt embarassed for crying. Later when I came out and saw other gals' mascara and kajal smudged I was very happy :D

I came back home and was all exicted about the dyslexia kid. Then my dad surprised me with my flashback of dyslexia. I then remembered how I was tortured to write extra Running Handwriting notebooks and Workbooks... I still remember my 2nd class teachers, she helped me write properly and who gave me second chances in filling the blanks and match the following ;) With no effort from her side and just a second chance to answer all the answers, I passed couple of exams with great effort.....

Back to the movie - a story with no mean classmate or bullying brother which a normal story would have. Instead a caring brother and an understanding classmate. The mother's role is portrayed very naturally without loud cries. The song "Maa" is very sentimentally picturised where everyone was crying irrespective of age. Boarding school sure is scary!!!

All said the movie is simple and perfect.

3 comments:

Nachu @ Hosaaana said...

Hey, you know what, many people think that they were a dyslexia kid during their childhood after seeing this movie. I also experienced it when i saw this movie for the first time, infact my eyes watered 2-3 times in the movie hall itself. Especially when the kid gets the first prize and runs back to Aamir khan and hugs him and also during the 'Maa' song. But when i wiped off my tears before my roomies could see me, i got to see that they were also wiping their tears :)

After coming back to home, i was thinking that even i had tough time writing things, i liked paintings more than studies, i dreamt a lot when i was a kid (even now i do it), My handwriting is so poor (even now), My teachers shout at me for my notorious behaviours,etc. I asked myself 'Am I a guy who is affected with dyslexia?'. No answer for it at that time.

But when i gave the dvd to my mom, i sat next to her when she started seeing it, as I had to explain some Hindi words to her. Its then, I saw her, wiping her tears silently, and then later she told that her handwriting was bad too, she was good in paintings, she used to daydream a lot, etc.

Then I realized this is some kind of 'Mana Braandhi'(not Brandy :), that everyone get when they see some kind of movies or scenes like this. If you cant understand 'Mana Braandhi(a tamil word), then a word close to it in english would be 'Illusion'. For eg: when you come out after seeing movies like 'Anniyan(Aparajit-in Hindi), Indian(Hindustani-in Hindi)', then when you are on the way to home, you'll feel like i should be very loyal to everyone, i should not give bribe to anyone, i should not litter in public place, i should follow traffic rules, etc and you get anger when somebody dont do it. And when you come out of movies like 'Titanic' or 'Sweet November', you will feel like when i get my man or my girl, I should be so caring like this.

You know these are just illusions. Anyway, TZP is one great movie i would appreciate very much.

-N

deepti said...

Nachu

Thanks for spending time and reading my blog. But I only know I have no illusions regarding my Dyslexia. I was comfortably not told about my dyslexia until lately by my parents. I still remember my teacher who helped me over come dyslexia.

My mom has never seen the movie and I am sure she will never see the movie :) I now wonder why mommies have different priorities??

Thank you again for spending time in reading through my blog. I am very glad you spent time reading through it...

Nachu @ Hosaaana said...

Deepti

May be you really had dyslexia. But I hope now you wont feel dyslexia while typing in your PC. Else you'll see the word nachu as u6cyn :) Just kidding.

Good to see some interesting, my kinda blogs over net. I could see a big gap in your writing. Keep writing more blogs. All the best.

By the way this name u6cyn looks weird. I think I found some new encrypting method. I am gonna patent it and sell it to NYPD or LAPD or CBI ;)