I am not a deep thinker. But just wanted to title my blog Deep Thoughts. I am an open book here goes some of the pages...

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Women's day!!!

Back to square one. Women's day was celebrated here at a Project level thing. It was supposed to be fun. And fun meant to humiliate women. The guy who conducted was my batchmate and few more guys. There were couple of rounds conducted. 1 was the quiz round. what did it contain??? it was about cooking, aishwarya rai, miss worlds and miss universes.... So does this mean women are capable of only this. I wanted to ask the guy what the hell were we doing in the office. I can pretty well forsee the answer when I am to ask him this question at the Batch-Lunch: "This was meant to be fun and no harm intended". The other rounds were of marking bindhi on Pameala's Forehead! (Sickest thing to do!) The ramp walk???? Craziest thing i can say!!! Now I cant come to a conclusion that men all think alike "Women are dumb". I can just imagine now men asking me "so what do you expect to do on a Women's day?" I just dont get the point here. Its just a day celebrated same as "Valentine's day" and so many other days. May be something revolutionary can be done other than fun. Get-together and let men know how bad women feel when they behave cheap (not always though). About eve-teasing and better stuff to do other than humiliating women around in the name of fun. This is written on a lighter note i can say ;-)

Wish men could evolve better and start considering women in a better sense other than Cooking machine and a Cinema-freak!

2 comments:

Karthigeyan said...

hahaha.. LOL...Men to evolve?? and to to keep a world's Men's day?? :P

Women's day...!! This is proof that women in society have not yet matured... why on earth a women's day? have you tried to find an anser of this? would love to hear...

Anonymous said...

hmm...women are being looked up on as entertainers...boha porulaga...i guess the society has portrayed the women mostly cine actress to the fore and things in a society where in the press etc project things exaggerated makes things easy for people to be sarcastic..